Monday's meanderings


You might remember this photoset from a year ago.  The first row shows bits and pieces of a "critter pen" simulation assignment.  The source of much grief, happiness, and pride! (And humor, ever after.)

Yesterday morning I was once again, this time intentionally, sitting in a lecture by this same professor, whom I'll call M.  Prof. M.'s classes are both challenging and reasonable.  It might have something to do with his attitude.  He is not lecturing at MIT, but that does not stop him from explaining topics with the clarity and earnestness of a world-class instructor.  I suppose if you go into college with expectations, you expect to have professors like M.  They do exist, if not in great numbers.

My other two classes paled by comparison, yet appear to be manageable, a big relief. 

Between the last two classes, I had my lunch in the humanities building - the most peaceful place to eat.  I sat near the window and by chance happened to see an old acquaintance walking past outside, which, though we didn't get to talk, cheered me up.  Afterwards, I went to the library, a sort of natural destination when I'm tired of sitting. 

The library, particularly the literature stacks, is utterly quiet, the quietest quiet I've ever 'heard.'  I wandered around and found this eye-catching volume:


Then I found my quiet place to sit and read for a bit, though having other things on my mind, I got fidgety.


When I get my own place, I don't mind if the view is gray, as long as I can see a long ways off.

Comments

  1. Hmmm... quiet libraries! :) and long views from the window are incredible. <3 I feel so good when I visit this site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jade: I'm glad to hear that! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment