In January air



The sky is 'such a darling blue'; the world is cold, shadowy, and bright.

Recently, I came across a song called "February Air," by Lights.  (She sometimes collaborates with Owl City; beyond that, I am not familiar with her music.)  It is a little too early to be talking about February, but the wistful, wintry melody fits the weather here very well.


I was bored yesterday, so I pulled out a cardboard box from the closet and found a forgotten surprise.  Dad got me this little porcelain doll when he was in Hungary.  I couldn't put her back!


More than ever, I want to read The Brothers Karamazov, especially as part of the 2014 Russian Lit challenge.  It still intimidates me very much.  I think first I'll re-read Dracula, which my sister just got from Barnes & Noble.  Maybe it will help me transition back to the school year, which starts again on Monday (!).  I suppose I will have plenty to tell you next week!

Comments