Monday at home

{old photo from 2012}

Though a normal week of classes is just two days for me, I'm looking forward to tomorrow off as much as anybody else.  It means no ten hours of sitting for classes or between-classes.  It means getting things done, over more cups of tea than my thermos can carry!


Oh, the day will be short enough, but I do want to get things done.


  • Start algorithms assignment due Wednesday.  I feel I'm doing dismally in this class and since most of it is beyond my control, trying not to care too much.  Just press on!
  • Spend some hours reading - and yes I keep saying that, but I really mean it this time.  Need to catch up with my own read-along, for one!
  • Work on my brother's b-day present.  :)

And if I get as much as all that done, it will be a day well spent!

Today after church, I really didn't do anything except watch a lot of TV programs.  I don't like TV or movie-watching marathons, but when it's on, it's on.  I saw:

  1. Eugene Onegin (Met Opera, Live in HD).  A re-play of the fantastic production I saw in October.
  2. Seattle Seahawks' game, 2nd half.  We won, meaning we're going to Super Bowl, and that's about all I can tell you about it.  :P 
  3. Downton Abbey, S4 E3.  Better than last week's episode, but I'm still unimpressed with this season's plot (the lack thereof).
  4. Sherlock, S3 E1.  A great return to a great adaptation!  I did have mixed feelings on some of it.  You can read my spoilery thoughts from my Tumblr post.

Well, there it is...quite a lot to chew on for this week.  Hope you have a good one!

Comments

  1. Seahawks fan? So is my sister, and she's got the rest of us rooting along too. As a matter of fact, we've also been pulling for Denver all season, so while I know it's going to be an awesome game, I really don't know which I'd rather see win! But it's surely going to be a good game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Elisabeth: We live in the Seattle area, so our loyalties are predetermined. :) I don't care for football, usually, but the excitement right now is just a bit contagious!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment