2014 Goals & Dreams

 

1) Finish The Infinite Now  by graduation day.  

I started this sci-fi/dystopian novella just after freshman year in college, and hope to finish it while it still feels new.

2) Have better everyday habits.  

Exercise weekly and go to bed/get up at the same times every day.  Go to the library on a regular, weekly schedule (tired of fines!).  Take more photos.  Read a lot!

3) Prioritize.

Focus on just three activities: school, reading, and writing (fic and nonfic).  Limit internet usage to right before I go to bed.  (This will be very hard to stick to, but it will be worth it.)

4) Pull myself together.  

Get an internship.  Graduate.  Get a job.  Continue to research digital forensics and see if it's a viable career path.

Those are some concrete goals.  What about dreams?

Something that seriously impressed me this last year was the concept of "living within the truth," from a book by writer/politician Václav Havel.  I consider myself to be honest, as well as good at being myself - yet this idea calls for more.  Whether the truth is all around you or deep inside you, you should live your life by it actively, not passively.  (The distinction is such a fine line that, maybe, it is just the words resonating with my type of logic.)  Anyways - that is my ambition for 2014.

Comments

Post a Comment