Consider the lilies

...how they grow: they toil not, they spin not; and yet I say unto you, that Solomon in all his glory was not arrayed like one of these.



It has been a momentous week.   If all goes as planned, I am practically guaranteed to graduate by the end of August!  (I'm still trying to take it in.)

Until this week, I had been just three credits short of a summer graduation date.  I had been trying for weeks to meet these credits - literally tried three different ways of contacting a certain professor who could then, possibly, agree to supervise independent research over the summer.  For whatever reason, I never heard back from that professor.

However, just this past week, a second opportunity presented itself.  Another professor suddenly volunteered to supervise independent research for this spring, in a different (but equally interesting) topic.  I spent the past few days emailing various people, to see if I qualified to register, etc.  To cut a long story short, everything - from my just barely eligibility to this research class's schedule - everything has come together and fallen into place like puzzle pieces.  I have got my three credits now.  It was not the solution I anticipated, but it could not be more perfect!

* * *

Another piece of happy news - my school's literary magazine will be publishing one of my poems!  This is a first for me, and I'm pretty excited.  For the sake of anonymity, I won't publish the poem here, but those of you who are interested, let me know and I can email it to you.  :)

* * *

I have been so busy this academic year.  I get plenty of sleep, but apparently I don't sleep well, because throughout the day I feel tired.  I'm sure I have enough time to read and write and whatever else I want to do, but the energy is lacking.

With only two quarters left, I have decided to give schoolwork my all.  My grades weren't what I was hoping for last quarter - mostly due to my laptop issues and transitioning to my part-time job.  But I want to try harder than hard to do better.

* * *

And...I have some nice pictures of a magnolia tree I want to add to this post later.  But this is all for now - just had to write it out in the moment (because writing is still my first love).

Comments

  1. i am so interested to see that your work in being published.
    I hope you good luck with all the things (:

    x
    www.holdingajournal.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting that you are close to graduation!! :)

    I would love to read your poem, if you'd like to send it to midmorningbells [at] gmail.com. Congrats on the publishing! It's so special to see your name in print alongside other artists, I've found. :)

    I can relate to the tired thing! Which is partly why I haven't been doing too much creative writing lately.

    I'm sure the magnolia tree is lovely! What a wonderful word too.
    <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Marian! It must be so exciting to have graduation coming up so close. :)

    And congratulations on the publishing as well, that’s so great!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, congrats on getting published! That's awesome :)

    ~Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment